Clasp prostheses today are the most effective type of prosthetics with partial absence of teeth. Best of all other types of dentures, they compensate for the lost chewing effectiveness, they are well fixed on the teeth, they are convenient for chewing and talking, they have a long service life.
Clasp prostheses can be made only in those patients who have partially preserved their own strong teeth, and these teeth should be on both sides of the jaw. If you only have teeth on one side of the jaw, it will be simply impossible to achieve a good fixation of such a prosthesis (24stoma.ru).
Clasp prostheses: photo on the upper jaw
Clasp dentures on the lower jaw: photos
Differences of bugel prostheses from other types of prostheses
The main difference between this type of prosthesis and prostheses made of acrylic plastic and nylon is that they have a cast metal frame (Fig. 2). Already this framework is welded to a base, which can be made of pink plastic or nylon, and then artificial teeth made of plastic are fixed in the base.
Due to the presence of a strong metal frame, it is possible to significantly reduce the volume and thickness of the base on which the artificial teeth are fixed. Fig.7-8 shows how different traditional prostheses made of acrylic plastic from the bugel dentures. Especially these differences are palpable in the area of the front teeth and in the sky, where the byproduct denture does not have a massive web, but there is only a thin metal arc.
Important: The basis of the clasp denture (in which there are artificial teeth) is traditionally made of pink acrylic plastic. However, if desired, the patient can be made of a slightly flexible Acry-Free material. This is a new generation material, slightly elastic; Full and partial dentures are made of it, but as we said above, the basis of the clasp prosthesis can be made from this material.
Types of byugelny artificial limbs -
On the denture prostheses - patient reviews are mostly positive, and depend mainly on the denture fixation system chosen by the patient on the remaining teeth. By type of fixation distinguish -
- Clasp prostheses,
- byugelny prostheses on locks (attachments),
- byugelny prostheses on telescopic crowns.
Below you can also see an overview video of the types of these prostheses (video 1), as well as see what the denture looks like with a clamp type of fixation for the lower jaw (video 2).
Clasp dentures: video
Below we summarize all the advantages and disadvantages of all types of denture prostheses (on clasps, micro-locks and telescopic crowns.
1. Clasp prostheses on clasps -
This is the simplest of the 3 types of cushioned dentures, which nevertheless restores the chewing function much better than any other removable dentures made of plastic or nylon. The design feature of this type of prosthesis is the presence of support-holding clamps.
Clammer Functions -
- resistance to displacement of the prosthesis in the vertical and all lateral directions,
- transfer of chewing pressure to abutment teeth.
Clasp prostheses: photo
In most cases, klammers are made of metal, and they are metal shoots extending from the cast metal frame of the prosthesis. However, if such klammer fall into the line of smiles, then they spoil the aesthetics great (Fig.10). In this case, clasps located on the front surfaces of the teeth can sometimes be made from more aesthetic and inconspicuous materials, for example, from nylon (Fig.11).
Advantages byugeley with clamp fixation -
- excellent fixation of the prosthesis
- make it possible to effectively chew food,
- chewing is painless (unlike nylon prostheses),
- the size of the basis of the prosthesis is significantly smaller than that of prostheses made of plastic and nylon, which gives wearing comfort, does not violate the diction, does not close the taste buds on the palate,
- ease of manufacture and, as a result, affordable cost (especially in comparison with other types of clasp prostheses and removable dentures on implants).
Disadvantages of clasp dentures on clasps -
- Aesthetics can leave much to be desired (Fig. 12) -
This is due to the fact that metal clasps in certain situations in the oral cavity of a patient can be installed only with their exit to the front surface of the teeth that fall in the smile line. And not in all cases the clasps visible when smiling can be made nylon, because this may impair the fixation of the prosthesis.
The possibility of hiding the clasp from the front surface of the teeth or making them less noticeable should be discussed with the doctor in advance during the consultation. In addition, the dental clinic in general may not have a specialist who can make prostheses with such non-conspicuous clasps.
- Partial destruction of abutment teeth -
metal clasps of clasp prosthesis have small micromobility. This was done specifically to give them a little elasticity, which is necessary for removing and putting on the prosthesis. But this leads to the friction of the clasper on the tooth enamel, which in the long term leads to its gradual destruction.
That is why in most cases it is recommended to take supporting teeth, for which clasps will be fixed - under metal-ceramic crowns. The ceramics is resistant to the friction of metal clasps, and then both the supporting teeth and the prosthesis itself will serve you for a very long time.
- Higher cost -
on the clasp dentures the price will be higher than for traditional dentures made of acrylic plastic. And this is logical, because due to their higher complexity of manufacturing, as well as a significantly higher wearing comfort and chewing efficiency. The cost of this type of prosthesis is approximately comparable to the cost of nylon prostheses.
2. Byugelny artificial limbs on locks (attachments) -
In addition to fixing on clasps, it is possible to manufacture the clasp prostheses with fixation using micro locks. Half of each micro-lock is located on the denture prosthesis, and the second half - on the abutment teeth, taken under the metal-ceramic crowns (Fig. 13). When the prosthesis is “put on”, the micro lock will click into place and securely hold the prosthesis.
Clasp prostheses on locks: photo (2 clinical cases)
A very important point - the type of micro locks ...
In the dental practice, micro-locks of the types "MK-1" and "Bredent" made in Germany are mainly used. These castle mounts are considered the best, although there are cheaper counterparts. Moreover, the MK-1 is preferable to do, although it is more expensive. MK-1 is a lock type lock, and Bredent- friction type.
Without going into complex technical details: MK-1 - it is the best lock (its reliability and service life is higher than that of others). However, it can not be used in all clinical situations in the oral cavity. We recommend asking the doctor about the type of micro locks, as otherwise, you can get an expensive prosthesis with cheap micro locks that will not last long.
Clasp prostheses on attachments (micro locks): video
- the best aesthetics (nothing is visible except the teeth themselves),
- the highest degree of fixation of the prosthesis,
- comfortable, painless chewing,
- long service life - not less than 5-7 years, which is a very long term by the standards of removable prosthetics (for example, plastic prostheses have a lifespan of only about 2.5 years).
The disadvantages of the clasp dentures on the locks -
- High cost (see below).
- It is necessary to take a lot of teeth under the crowns - the abutment teeth under the clasp prosthesis with locking type of fixation must be taken under metal-ceramic crowns, since locking fasteners can be fixed only on them. Usually make 4 crowns.
- The complexity of manufacturing -Clasp dentures with locks is today one of the most high-tech constructions in dental prosthetics. Production requires a very high qualification of the orthopedic surgeon and the dental technician. Therefore, if you decide to make just such a prosthesis for yourself, then you probably should not look for a clinic with the lowest prices.
3. Clasp prostheses on telescopic crowns -
This is a rather common type of prosthetics abroad, but in Russia byugelny prostheses on telescopic crowns are not often used. The essence of this type of prosthetics lies in the fact that the abutment teeth are ground, and then metal caps are fixed on them with cement (Fig. 20).
On the bypass prosthesis itself (fig.21) one can see two crowns connected to the metal framework of the prosthesis, which, when the prosthesis is put on the teeth, are inserted over the metal caps (fig.22). This method of prosthetics provides a good fixation of the prosthesis, is completely invisible on the teeth, distributes chewing load well, and also costs less byugelny prostheses on clasps.
Clasp prostheses: price 2019
For cusp dentures, the cost will depend primarily on the type of fixation of the prosthesis to the supporting teeth. If you choose clasp prosthetics on micro locks, then the cost of micro locks, as well as the cost of metal-ceramic crowns, is added to the total cost of the prosthesis.
When choosing a prosthesis with fixation using clamps - its cost will depend on the complexity of manufacturing. In this regard, byugelny dentures with clasping fixation can be divided into simple and complex. Complex ones differ from simple ones in that they have a more complex system of clasps, as well as in the fact that instead of one metal arc, there may be two.
1. Clasp prostheses: the cost of the prosthesis on clasps
The price is indicated for the byugel prosthetics: the first digit is the cost in the clinics of the economy class, the second - in the clinics of the average price segment.
- Byugel simple denture - in Moscow from 30 to 40 thousand rubles,
in the regions - from 20 to 30 thousand rubles,
- Byugel complex prosthesis - from 35 to 45 thousand rubles in Moscow,
in the regions - from 25 to 35 thousand rubles.
- On splinting byugelnye prostheses - prices in Moscow from 40 to 55 thousand rubles.
2. Clasp dentures: price for a denture on micro locks
- Byugel prosthesis with fixation on 2 micro locks of the type "Bredent" (Germany) - costs from 80 thousand rubles. But in Moscow, the cost of such a prosthesis will start from at least 90 thousand rubles. This cost already includes: the cost of the prosthesis itself, the cost of 4 metal crowns, the cost of micro locks!
If you want an even more reliable and convenient type of micro-locks, which are considered the best in the world, for example, MK-1 (Germany), then its cost will increase by another 10-15 thousand rubles compared to the same prosthesis on Bredent micro-locks.
- One-sided denture prosthesis - from 40 to 50 thousand rubles.
This type of prosthesis is made with a unilateral dentition defect, when dental implantation is contraindicated, it is impossible to manufacture a non-removable bridge prosthesis. The indicated cost already includes: the cost of the prosthesis itself, the cost of 2 metal crowns, the cost of micro locks.
Clasp prosthetics: patient reviews
On byugel dentures - reviews of both patients and dentists are very positive. Due to the fact that prostheses of this type are made on a molded metal frame, it is technically possible to reduce the basis of the prosthesis, which makes the prosthesis as comfortable as possible for wearing, chewing, and articulating speech.
- Ease of wearing prosthesis -
prosthetics with bugel prostheses of the lower jaw allows to achieve greater freedom for the tongue, reduce impaired diction, reduce the risk of prolapse of the prosthesis due to movements of the tongue. All this is achieved by reducing the plastic base of the prosthesis in the hyoid region (Fig. 1).
When the upper jaw is made with plastic or nylon prostheses, the entire sky in the patient's upper jaw will be covered with the base of the prosthesis. If the prosthesis is performed by the clasp prosthesis, then the anterior portion of the palate, which is responsible for diction and taste sensations, remains open (Fig. 2).
- Long service life -The recommended lifespan is 4-5 years, which is quite a lot by the standards of removable prosthetics. For example, removable plastic dentures are recommended to be replaced every 2 -2.5 years.
This is due to the fact that the tissues of the prosthetic bed (gums, bone tissue) under plastic prostheses atrophy faster than under the bucket prostheses. Atrophy of the tissues leads to the fact that the tissues of the prosthetic bed gradually cease to conform to the shape of the prosthesis, which over time leads to the appearance of pain when wearing the prosthesis, worsening its fixation on the teeth.
- Reliability and durability -The risk of breakage is extremely small due to the solid metal frame of the prosthesis. This cast frame is the basis of the prosthesis. Already on the frame there is a plastic base welded in and a plastic teeth set.
Alternatives to the clasp prosthetics -
Most experts uniquely believe byugel prostheses - the best option for removable prosthetics with partial absence of teeth. However, as an alternative, the following partial dentures can be made -
- acrylic plastic prostheses,
- Acry-Free prostheses
- nylon prostheses
- conditionally removable prostheses with support for several implants (although this type of prosthesis is most often used in the absence of teeth, it will in some cases also help to be made in the partial absence of teeth).
We hope that our article on the topic: Clasp dentures reviews price - proved to be useful to you! Author: dentist Kamensky K.V., 19 years experience.